Pioneer DDJ-RB Recordbox Controller
With new features: Sequence call and PC master out
Pioneer are expanding their range of rekordbox dj controllers with the DDJ-RB (two channels). The controller introduces buttons for new features in the recent rekordbox 4.1.1 software update, including Sequence Call, which lets you create and save sample sequences then play them back without touching your computer. The DDJ-RB (and DDJ-RR) are also the first controllers to support PC Master Out, for playing master output through your computer’s internal speakers or a connected desktop speaker while using the controller for your headphones at the same time. In contrast with entry-level Serato controllers, the bundled recordbox dj licence is not a cut-down version.
The only entry-level controller that supports recording your mix
The entry-level USB-powered DDJ-RB is all you need to get started with rekordbox dj performance software. The layout handles like a pro-DJ set-up with play/cue buttons, jog wheels and a VU level meter. You can use the Performance Pads to trigger Hot Cues, Beat Jump, Pad FX and Slicer, plus there’s a button for the new Sequence Call feature. The lightweight, flexible controller supports PC Master Out and is perfect for use on the move – fitting snugly into the new DJC-B/WEGO3+BAG protective carry bag, available separately. The unit has the same dimensions as the DDJ-SB so bags designed for this work for both. The layout of sockets for connecting headphones and microphones is different on the DDJ-RB and DDJ-SB which means that not all flight cases designed for one work well with the other. We can help choose a suitable case or bag.
Controller layout mirrors rekordbox dj for native control
Mix instinctively with the jog wheels, play/cue buttons, mixer knobs and faders, gain pots, VU meter and dedicated loop buttons built to mirror the rekordbox dj layout.
PC Master Out – use computer’s speaker for master out and controller for headphones
For flexibility you can choose to hear your mix through your computer’s internal speaker/connected desktop speaker or play through a wireless speaker, while using your headphones to cue independently of the master out at the same time.
Performance Pads with Sequence Call for creative freedom
Create sample sequences then call them up without touching your computer thanks to the new Sequence Call button. Plus trigger Hot Cues, Pad FX, Beat Jump and Slicer with eight Performance Pads.
• Built-in sound card – simply connect the DDJ-RB to your computer with a USB cable.
• Record to rekordbox dj via the same USB cable.
• USB powered – no AC power needed.
• High quality Mic input – distortion-free even at loud volumes.
• Portable – easy grip handles and lightweight design.
Added Features of Rekordbox 4.1.1
- Mic features on mixer panel – including 3-band EQ and Mic FX
- For DDJ-RB and DDJ-RR only:
- PC Master Out
- Sequence Call
- Sequence Load (DDJ-RR only)
- Expanded settings
- USB Bus Powered: Yes
- Plug and Play: Yes
- Included DJ Software: rekordbox dj
- Software System Requirements
- OS (Windows): Windows 10/ 8.1/ 7 (latest service pack)
- OS (MAC): Mac OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9 (Updated to the latest version)
- Intel® processor Core™ i7, i5, i3
- Intel® processor Core™ 2 Duo 2.0GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB or more of RAM
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 768 or higher
- Width: 482.6 mm
- Height: 58.5 mm
- Depth: 272.4 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Soundcard: 24 bit/44.1 kHz
- Frequency Range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 103 dB
- Distortion: < 0.005 % (USB)
- Channels: 2
- Deck Control: 2
- Jog Wheel: 128 mm durable aluminium jog wheel
- Pad FX: Yes
- Filter: High & Low Pass filter
- Sampler: 16slot x 4bank
- Hot Cues: 8
- Sequence call: Yes
- Manual Loop: Yes
- Beat Jump: Yes
- Inputs: 1 MIC (1/4 inch Jack)
- 1 MASTER (RCA)
- 1 HEADPHONE MONITOR (Mini-jack)
- USB: 1 USB B port